It’s been a long time coming.
I used to sit around 80kg which was perfect for my height, I was slim and had a minimal beer belly. I could even fit 32inch pants. That was about 10 years ago. A lot has happened in ten years and here I am today, at my heaviest ever. 90.1kg I am today, which is heavy and I have a beer belly. For some reason it has hit me hard, and I decided today that I want to do something about it. Being on lithium and olantapine doesn’t help as these two medications can cause weight gain.
So the plan…
I have put together an achievable regime for the first week that I hope I can stick to, it will look something like this:
- 7,280 kilojoules daily.
- 30 minute brisk walk.
- 1 hour cycle.
- 10 push ups.
- 20 situps.
- Mixed run (1 minute run, 5 minute walk, 2 minute run, 5 minute walk, 1 minute run, 5 minute walk and a 2 minute run).
- No alcohol.
- Take a multivitamin daily.
This is just the start, I am hoping to increase the intensity each week.
My goals are:
- Get to 80kg within 3 months.
- Lose the beer belly within 6 months.
- Be able to run 2.5km without stopping and under 15 minutes by the end of the year.
Is anyone else on a sort of fitness / health plan out there? What things are you doing?